Monday, June 14, 2010

Aussie Author Challenge

I am joining this challenge a little late in the day in June.  Aussie Author Challenge is being hosted by Booklover Book Reviews.  As it is halfway through the year I will commit to the "tourist" level and read three Australian books by three different Aussie authors.  I will increase the challenge for myself by the authors needing to be new to me.  I am currently reading "My Love Must Wait" by Ernestine Hill a novel about Matthew Flinders.  I also want to read some Peter Carey as I have not read any of his work yet.    I feel this challenge is a wonderful way to highlight the many excellent Australian authors.  And it will keep me on track for the rest of the year to read more of them.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to read Peter Carey, I would recommend that you start with the True History of the Kelly Gang, really amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in my Aussie Author Challenge Mel - look forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome.