Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back from holidays to major flooding.

Well I had a very enjoyable two week holiday  travelling around the north island of New Zealand; a magically beautiful country.

Due to flooding, I can't get home to Toowoomba here in Queensland, and I am stranded at my Dad's house in Brisbane, where there are also devastating floods.  Fortunately we are high here so out of the water.  The flooding over the last week in Southeast Queensland has been unbelievable.

Here is a picture of my hometown of Brisbane as it looked this morning when the flood waters peaked.  It is all very sad.



(Photo sourced from Brisbanetimes.com.au)

I look forward to eventually getting home and back into blogging about books.  Just posting this as I have been absent for a few weeks and miss it.

I did read a wonderful Swedish thriller while away called "Three Seconds" by Roslund & Hellstrom, and a disappointing thriller by William Boyd "Ordinary Thunderstorms".  I say disappointing because "Restless" by the same author was brilliant.

Will hopefully be back posting reviews soon.  Mel


7 comments:

  1. I hope you will not suffer any personal flooding and all will be back to normal for you soon-if you can keep us informed via twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get home soon. I had heard about the flooding but this is the first picture I've seen.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are effected. I hope that you go home to a safe house.

    I have smoe friends in Ipswich who have been effected as well and are in a very tricky position - but all they can talk about is how their son's preschool is entirely under water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! OMG OMG OMG please keep us posted. I wish you safety and peace. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Here's hoping that you can get home safely soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this on the news -- hope you get home safe, and don't find too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for the kind well wishes. I am now safely back home and there was no damage to my home or belongings. I have been very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome.